Saturday, September 03, 2005

More Pictures

Allright, here's my first installment of pictures from my trip. Hope this works:
(Note, I've tried to not include sappy, touristy, sight-seeing pictures, and stick to the pictures with funny stories)


So, in Poland, some stranger named Mario decided to interrupt our outdoor program, by staggeing in, and doing one handed pushups. This rather amused the males, but scared the crap out of the females.


This is taken somewhere outside Tel-Aviv, at a Bedouin tent. There were me a collection of stray dogs, and one of them took a liking to me. However, at two AM, when I was spooning with two girls, this dog decides to pay me a visit. One of the girls, being allergic to dogs, tries to get hin to leave. When I pick him up, he bites me. Eventually we manage to pacify him, and make him leave. Weird, eh?


So one day, we go hiking in the City of David, a small but ancient community in Jerusalem (but outside the Old City). We were schedueled to go to walking through the old water tunnels, and we were reassured that the water level wouldn't be high, and so there was no reason to change. But that day they're doing construction, so the water is up to my waist. So, naturally when I get out, I take off my pants to dry. The result: I walk uphill for 15 blocks, in my skivvies, until I reach the old city. Hence, this picture.


These were four Scandanavian tourists that me and my friend Gabe had a Tuborg with. Funny guys. No real story here, but they we're cool. Plus, how many Scandanavian tourists do you see in Israel?


We were sitting on a rooftop in Jerusalem, when these two Arab kids came around, and started haggiling us. The one on the left had the one on the right tied with a least at the belt, and was leading him around while the other one yipped like a dog. With a little persuasion, and by persuasion, I mean yelling, our guide managed to get them to leave. They also tried to take our stuff when we left the water tunnels.


For our week long Sea-to-Sea hike, we decided to purchase groceries for our trip. We walked in to a grocery store, and proceded to spend 600 shekels (about 200 dollars) on crackers, peanut butter, nuts, chocolate, and cereal. You can see the reciept, in the hands of the guy, third from the right.

Finally, two hillarious signs, that I loved


Thus ends Part One of my Israel escapades. More to come, when I feel like it. Oh, the post before this has the picture of me in the hospital. The story is a few posts before.

This is Michael Herman saying " When you're too tired to make up something witty, just insult minorities and ugly people"

PS "Or just Michael Jackson"

4 Comments:

At Friday, September 02, 2005 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. Don't miss visiting this site about southern baptist in respect to info on southern baptist

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005 1:25:00 PM, Blogger Erika said...

SPAAAAAAAAMMER!! very cool pictures...can't wait to see more!!

 
At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the picture with all the guys with the food ;)

 
At Monday, September 12, 2005 3:25:00 PM, Blogger Erika said...

dudes, time for some new pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home